Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Star Realms

My son and I love Star Realms.  We own a few deck building games, and this is our favorite one for two player games.

What sets Star Realms apart from most deck building games is the player interaction and win conditions.  Many deck building games use some form of victory points to determine a winner.  Star Realms involves combat and a life total (Authority).  This makes the game feel more like you are playing against someone and not just focusing on gaining victory points and disrupting your opponents.

I also like the artwork and theme.  It reminds me of the SciFi novels I read in the 80's.  The cards also fit the mechanics of the game.  For example, I don't think the DC deck building game has a good theme.  Why does Aquaman draw extra cards?  It doesn't fit.

Star Realms is also available to play on PC, iOS, and Android.  It is free to download and play against the AI.

I highly recommend Star Realms.

A few cards from the game

No comments:

Post a Comment